Monday, May 3, 2010

It's All About Cristina And Meredith

...and the rest of the original Grey's cast. Grey's boss, Shonda Rhimes talked about the future of Grey's Anatomy in an interview with TV Guide magazine and both Ellen Pompeo and Sandra Oh are in it. Here is the excerpt:



When Ellen Pompeo revealed to TV Guide Magazine in February that after two more seasons as Grey's Anatomy’s Meredith Grey, she’ll walk, creator Shonda Rhimes kept quiet. Until now. As that date draws closer, Rhimes has some decisions to make about the future of her franchise. How do you keep Grey’s going without your main Grey? Rhimes planned for this possibility back in 2007, when she introduced Chyler Leigh as Mer’s little sis, Lexie.

But can “Little Grey” carry the show as the sole Grey in Grey’s Anatomy?

“It’s possible, but I don’t know that I think of it that way,” says Rhimes. “In my head, Meredith Grey is staying forever. Ellen says, ‘I have two more years and I’m going to Italy,’ but I also say, ‘Two more years and I’m going to Italy.’ So I will cross that bridge when I come to it. For me, the show is very tied up in [the relationship between] Meredith Grey and Cristina Yang [Sandra Oh]. If I can convince the originals we have left to stay forever, I will get down on my knees to do so.”
sandra oh news