Friday, October 23, 2009

So Inspiring

Sandra seems to like the Canadian media (lucky bastards!) and this time she talks to them about receiving an award from her former school:

MONTREAL - Sandra Oh had a homecoming of sorts Friday, being honoured at the National Theatre School of Canada where she honed her acting skills nearly 20 years ago.

The star of "Grey's Anatomy" was one of two recipients of the Gascon-Thomas Award given annually to people who have contributed to the growth of theatre in Canada.

Oh, who graduated from the school in 1993, hesitated for several seconds when asked what it felt like to be an inspiration to young students.

"Honestly, that question I don't think about it a lot," she told The Canadian Press, "because I find that strange to think about.

"You know - I'm an inspiration. I'm an inspiration. Look, I'm so inspiring! I don't really think about that," she said, laughing.

"All I really think about is doing my work and doing it well. But, yes, the opportunity to come back here and to think about my life ... that started at this school, and where I am now, has brought a tremendous amount of satisfaction."

The other recipient of the award was Paul Buissonneau, who founded his own theatre company Le Theatre de Quat'Sous in 1956.

Previous winners include Robert Lepage, Christopher Plummer, Michel Tremblay and Gordon Pinsent.

The award is named after two of the school's founders, Jean Gascon and Powys Thomas.

Source

1 comment :

fan said...

haha your comment is great: "lucky bastards!".
I'm loving all these articles, thanks for posting them!

Post a Comment

sandra oh news