Friday, October 9, 2009

Grey's Anatomy: Jenna Bans On 'Tainted Obligation'





From this week's writers' blog:

Cristina, on the other hand, didn’t have so much fun with Irving’s penis. (I believe that was mention #3, Standards & Practices.) Poor Cristina. She’s really struggling and lost these days. Without a cardio god to mentor her, she’s adrift. So much so that she turns a simple tick removal into a major surgery. So much so that she says to the Chief, who has had a helluva crappy day himself– cut me from the program. It’s clear at this point Cristina’s willing to do just about anything to get her surgical groove back. And I can promise you, it’s going to be an interesting journey this season to see just how far she will go.

...

Lots of good stuff coming your way in season six, lots of BIG stuff. It might be my favorite season so far – although I tend to say that a lot, about every episode, and no one in the writers’ room believes me anymore. So I’ll just leave you with this little nugget. When you’re shooting an episode of television, there’s this thing called the “call sheet.” It’s basically a notice sent to all cast and crew, telling them what time to be on set the next morning, the order scenes will be shot in, make-up and hair requirements for characters, special effects needed, things like that. It’s a handy little document. And this is what our call sheet said the night before we shot the opening scene with Alex: DUE TO THE PRESENCE OF A BEAR ON SET, BREAKFAST WILL NOT BE SERVED. PLEASE EAT BREAKFAST BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AND DO NOT BRING ANY FOOD ITEMS ONTO THE SET. I read that, laughed for about ten minutes straight at the absurdity, then got kind of scared for the crew and Justin Chambers (it’s a supposedly trained “Hollywood” bear but you can’t have a granola bar around in case it goes all “me bear, me hungry” and eats you?) And then it suddenly hit me – how is this my work? How is it work to go to the woods and watch a huge grizzly bear scare the crap out of Alex Karev? How is it my work to read funny emails about the overuse of the word penis? (#4.) I came to the conclusion that I don’t say it nearly enough - I love my job. I love the people I work with. I loved every minute of writing and shooting this episode. And I love all of you for being such loyal, amazing fans of the show. I hope you loved watching it. Or at least liked it. Or at least laughed once or twice while checking email and paying bills.
sandra oh news