Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Kevin McKidd On Sandra Oh's Departure From Grey's Anatomy

Extended interview with Sandra Oh's costar, the always kind Kevin McKidd, on Sandra's departure from Grey's Anatomy later this upcoming season:

Kevin McKidd and Sandra Oh on the Grey's set.
The Hollywood Reporter: Were you surprised to hear that Sandra Oh was leaving?

Kevin McKidd: Sandra and I have been friends for as long as we've worked together, so I had a feeling it might be coming and that it was the right time for her. Selfishly, I was hoping and wishing she might make a different choice and decide to stay because I love working with her. I've had the great fortune and luck to be her acting partner and for her to be my acting partner for the last half a decade. It wasn't a surprise; I was aware of where she's at but was wishing and hoping that despite all that she might stick around so I might get to still act with her. It wasn't a surprise, but I was still sad when she told me.

THR: What was your conversation with Sandra like when she told you?

McKidd: It wasn't a long conversation; I just got really sad. I'm really happy for her, too, because it's the right thing for her right now, too, to take that new step forward in her life and career. She's an amazing talent. She has so many parts that she needs to play and work she needs to tackle, so it's obviously the right time for her. I'm happy for her, but I'm sad for me. (Laughs.)

Full interview at THR
sandra oh news