Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Eight Years Of Grief

Same, same but different. Sandra Oh on Rabbit Hole:


Sandra Oh co-stars in the film as a fellow grieving parent who’s revealed to be seeking counseling for over eight years, driving a wedge through her marriage. Her thoughts on loss and coping helped form the backbone of her characterization.
“Loss doesn’t go away, it just is. After the loss of anything, somehow people are supposed to get over it. And I don’t agree with that. As my character is further down the line, she represents where you can go. You set up certain needs - she needs this group. Perhaps this has caused a certain amount of stress with her husband, but that’s what she needs.
What I would like, I think it is scary when someone is grieving after eight years. I think that is scary, but I think you can manage.”

Source
sandra oh news