Friday, October 2, 2009

Grey's Anatomy: Joan Rater on '(I Always Feel Like) Somebody's Watchin' Me'



Excerpt from this week's writers' blog about last night's episode of Grey's Anatomy:

Hi and WELCOME TO SEASON SIX! Kind of amazing if you think about it. It’s amazing to me, at least. I’ve never had the same job for this long. In TV, there’s a lot of hopping from show to show, a new job every year, so the fact that Tony and I haven’t hopped for awhile, we’ve gotten to spend 5 years with the same characters (on screen and off), has been such a great experience. So Yay!

...

Which is why I loved the scene where Owen, Derek and Mark take Cristina, Meredith and Lexie to the baseball field. This is one of the first times Owen has seen Cristina’s intensity. And I love that he makes her leave the hospital, focus on something else. That’s why he’s so good for her. The scene was actually inspired by Shonda saying, let’s do a scene where they’re all playing baseball. But when I finally saw it, it makes me want to write more scenes like that, with our doctors outside of the hospital, little glimpses of them in real life. One of my favorite Grey’s moments of all time was this Season One scene where Meredith and Cristina are outside jogging and they stop and they’re laying in the grass and they decide they need to cry. And they’re like, “Now? Should we cry right now?” Or something like that. Anyway, I love those little glimpses of our people as “real” people.

...

And finally … the inspiration for the funny Cristina stuff with the kids came from my daughter, Sally. Every night when I get home she hides and I have to find her. But whenever I get close, she yells out orders from her hiding place, “You haven’t looked in the kitchen”, “try upstairs”, and then when I finally find her, she gets upset. She HATES being found! And therefore I HATE HIDE AND SEEK.

Look at that, big things are happening people, secrets are being revealed this season, even in blogs! I’m telling you, Season Six is going to be good!


Source

1 comment :

lila said...

sandra is so beautiful i love her and she so cute with mrs bear

Post a Comment

sandra oh news